Thursday, November 18, 2010

Recent Creations

  I have been getting into DIY projects and so I am sharing what I've done so far!



This is the jewelry I've made. The necklace is made out of big silver beads and cream ribbon. The bracelet is actually a strip of thick elastic used for sewing covered in fabric. Then I added some button accessories and used the old fashioned technique of velcro to connect the two ends together. It is VERY light and comfy for a bracelet!




These are the hairbands I have made. For the black and white bands I just added the gold and silver studs. For the shimmery Silver one, I wrapped some silver & gold cord around the head band, alternating colors. Then I added 2 dotted feathers with pearls immersed within them. For the large feathered band, I took felt and backed it with black cardstock, attached an assortment of feathers to it then added gold studs in random order. I have seen these types of hairbands all over, priced really high. These projects cost little to nothing! =]


This is a belt (or I sometimes double it up to use as a headband) I made out of Ribbon and a strand of embroidery.I just sewed it on by hand!

              
So head cord were huge a bit ago and instead of paying $20 I decided to make my own. I had old t-shirts laying around and so I cut stips and braided them together. I also incorporated some gold cord!
 
I feel as if anything can turn into a DIY project! I do find myself making things that would probably end up collecting dust because I just have so many creations and I keep on making more!! Now I just need to figure out what to do with them =P

No comments:

Post a Comment